Friday, January 8, 2016

Why MEND exists...

This is a text I received yesterday morning... Our monthly MEND infant loss support group meeting was the night before and I wasn't able to lead due to still being in Arizona.  I am so grateful for the ladies that assist me and help these hurting families along side of me... It means so very much to me... I have a passion for MEND because it was a lifeline to me after Samuel died...not all of these ladies experienced MEND for themselves after their own losses but have so graciously allowed God to use the deepest pain of thier hearts to minister to others...here is the text... It was from a gal who delivered her still born son a week ago and was at MEND for the first time...

 I didn't share this with you last evening but as ------- was leaving she thanked me and said how good this was for her to come. She asked if she could hug me. Her parting words were "I don't like the club but I have really enjoyed the people. Thanks for letting me see past a few weeks, to a few years and more"..... I think that sums up what or who we are, what we hope to offer. Thought you would enjoy this.

Oh yes, can I relate to that... I remember my first MEND meeting 3 weeks after the still birth of Samuel at 40 full weeks.  I remember feeling like I would never survive this and there they were... ladies 6 months out,  1 year out,  4 years out from their loss. There they were still remembering that precious child, yet very much alive and even thriving after a devastating loss.  It gave me HOPE!! 

This is a gift to me... To know that God doesn't waste our pain... He uses it ALL  when we let him... Thank you Jesus for using and bringing something beautiful from the broken places of our lives...

No comments: