Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What kindness...



This came in the mail a couple of days ago...

It is titled ...
A mommies love goes with you...

And oh, that is so true... 

I will never forget the moment I handed Samuel over for the last time to Greg, who handed him to the nurse...

She so tenderly put him in the bassinet and wrapped a paper looking cover around him... Put a sticker on the front of it to keep it closed and walked out the door pushing the bassinet in front of her...

And just like that... My son, in the physical sense, was gone from my life forever...

This sweet gift came from a friend who has walked the same journey of stillbirth and infant loss...

She knows...

 She has her own story of saying goodbye to her precious daughter emily before she ever wanted to...

What a beautiful kind gesture to know he isn't forgotten by others outside of our family... Even now almost 7 years later!

This blessed my heart today... It literally ripped my heart out as I can not believe for a second that I have been apart from Samuel for almost 7 years... That pain still cuts deep...

I am more reflective and contemplative for sure as I walk through the motions of these days... I just can't help it... And no matter what, October is hard... The end of the month harder...

But at the same time... It blesses me to look back and treasure my time with him... To feel it all...  To remember... 

I am thankful today for kindness, friends, and that I don't walk this journey here alone...

I have dear sweet friends that walk with me... And most importantly, a savior who is right beside me or carrying me when needed...

 Despite the hurt... 
He is still SO GOOD!






No comments: